Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide quality patient care via the development, implementation & evaluation of individual patient care plans. Is a liaison between the Agency, patient, and their families. Follows established professional standards of care, Agency guideline policy and procedures.
· Develops a P.O.C. that corresponds with the physicians orders through assessment of patient’s needs, condition, environment, consultation with other health team members, at time of initial visit and updates plan of care regularly as necessary and documents this care following Agency procedures.
· Responsible for the delivery of competent, quality patient care in the home.
· Maintains an ongoing responsibility for assigned caseload.
· Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of individual patient plan of care.
· Maintains communication with Case Managers, Staff Coordinator and Director of Home Care Services.
· Provides teaching and counsels both patient and family.
· Provides skilled nursing care and comfort that conforms with Agency patient care and general medical policies.
· Schedules work load for maximum efficiency.
· Rotates weekend, night, and holiday call with staff to facilitate adequate coverage for all patients.
· Participates in Agency evaluation program as instructed.
· Field visits
· Abides by and promotes Agency administrative policies.